Clinic Introduction – CLIN 1101 (60 Hours)
This course is to familiarize the students with clinic procedures. The safety procedures set out by CTCMPAO. Sterilize procedures, and how to setup a sterile field. Clean needle technique. In addition to observation, students assist as appropriate, practicing specific clinical skills such as pulse and tongue diagnosis.
- Evaluate patient risk profile.
- Determine risk profile relative to acupuncture treatment.
- Determine level of risk relative to TCM herbal treatment.
- Provide a safe working environment.
- Maintain current knowledge of communicable diseases and infection control techniques.
- Apply universal precautions for infection control.
- Ensure effective supervision of staff and / or students.
- Ensure that equipment is safe and functional.
- Select equipment that enhances patient safety.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
- Clean equipment regularly, and disinfect as appropriate.