- Minimum 2 years post-secondary education or equivalent professional experience;
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to your individual learning capacities, skills and attitude;
- Demonstrated understanding of the responsibilities associated with being a health care professional;
- Personal letter (200-300 words) detailing your abilities, purpose and motivation for studying at Canadian College of Traditional Chinese Medicine;
- Non-refundable $250 application fee; plus additional $100 for international students.
Admission for International Students
Admission interviews can be conducted over the telephone and other arrangements can be made to accommodate the needs of students living abroad. Interviews are scheduled after all materials have been received and evaluated by Canadian College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. An acceptance letter with the Designated Learning Institution number will be issued by Canadian College of Traditional Chinese Medicine to include with the visa application form.
English proficiency will be assessed during the interview process. Additional proof of English writing and reading skills may be requested at a later date if necessary. Proficiency in English is important to successfully participate in theory classes as well as to perform adequately at the teaching clinic where students take charge of patients and dispense treatment.
- You must have achieved a minimum course grade of 60% to be considered
- Each course you have completed must be more than 60 hours or equivalent to the course you wish to transfer.
- Official transcript and course outline for each course you wish to transfer credit must be provided and the official transcript must contain the institution, student and course name.
- For any credential completed outside Canada must be provided with verified transcripts and evaluation reports from World Education Services (WES)
- You may be asked to pass assessment tests for some courses in order to transfer credit accordingly. You will be notified after submitting your credit transfer request.
When and how to apply:
- Fill out a credit transfer request, and send it back to: email@example.com at least 14 business days prior to start the courses you wish to transfer credit
- Admin office will arrange a date with you for credit transfer assessment tests if required
- If you fail to provide required documents or pass the tests, the credit transfer request will be refused.
Please note: information regarding credit transfer is subject to change.
Students may request credit transfer for courses regardless of when there were completed. However, CCTCM reserves the right to deny credit transfer requests for courses completed more than 5 years ago based upon current relevancy of course content.