Internal Medicine 1 – INTR 2201 (60 Hours)
This is the first part of Internal Medicine. This course will concentrate first half of the 47 diseases that CTCMPAO has set out for the Pan-Canadian Exam. This course will explore the TCM diagnosis of these diseases and treatment principles. Using these treatment principles, we will discuss Acupuncture and/or Herbal and Formula treatments.
Integrate TCM and biomedical concepts
A Relate biomedical information concerning patient’s condition and treatment to TCM state of health.
- Describe the relationship between biomedical diagnosis and TCM diagnosis.
- Relate the actions of acupuncture to general biomedical concepts.
- Relate the actions of herbal treatment to general biomedical concepts.
- Identify the signs and symptoms, therapeutic effects and adverse effects of common biomedical treatments .
- Communicate TCM diagnostic and treatment information for use by other health care workers, and to third parties.
- Explain patient’s TCM diagnosis and clinical progress using terms that are readily understood by other healthcare professionals.