Skip to content
Clinic – CLIN 1201/2102/2203/2204/3105/3106/3207/3208 (60 hours)
Practice in a manner that accords patient dignity and reflects patient rights.
- Ensure that patient is aware of treatment plan, its benefits and risks.
- Ensure ongoing, informed consent.
- Respect patient rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- Terminate course of treatment when appropriate.
Practice with professional integrity
- Practice within limits of expertise.
- Modify practice to enhance effectiveness.
- Exhibit professional behaviour.
- Remain current with developments in acupuncture practice.
- Remain current with developments in TCM herbology practice.
Maintain patient records
- Ensure complete and accurate records.
- Ensure security and integrity of records.
Provide acupuncture treatment
- Adapt clinical setting to enhance comfort and safety.
- Position patient for treatment.
- Locate selected points on patient.
- Apply treatment techniques.
- Monitor and respond to patient condition during treatment.
Monitor effectiveness of treatment plan and modify where necessary.
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatment plan on an ongoing basis.
- Modify treatment plan to enhance effectiveness.
Educate and counsel patient.
- Explain etiology and pathogenesis of condition.
- Explain TCM concepts as they apply to patient condition.
- Inform patient of possible side effects and reaction to treatment.
- Advise patient on yu fang and yang sheng (prevention and health preservation)
- Counsel patient on compliance with treatment recommendations.