Biochemistry, Microbiology & Pathology (60 hours)
infectious diseases and infection control
1. Describe the role of microorganisms in infectious diseases.
2. Describe immunity and mechanisms of host resistance.
3. Describe the principles of infection control, and the effects of antibiotics and vaccines.
dysfunctions and common diseases
1. Identify causal factors of the common diseases.
2. Describe the processes of tissue damage inflammation and healing.
3. Identify signs and symptoms of common diseases.
4. Describe biomedical disease classification systems.